The Chemical Biology team is a multidisciplinary team of chemists, biologists, and structural biologists that works in synergy to investigate biological pathways at the molecular level. It aims to develop compounds and chemical probes to elucidate the biological pathways and explore alternative therapeutic modalities to address “undruggable” targets.
- Apply chemical biology techniques to elucidate the MOA of hetero-bifunctional molecules.
- Design chemical probes to interrogate the function of proteins and nucleic acids in the mechanism of disease.
- Elucidate the gene expression and regulation upon compound perturbation by transcriptomics techniques.
- Identify and quantify proteins in the biological pathways by proteomics studies.
- Unravel structural and functional regions of nucleic acids with nucleic acid biochemistry methods.
- Investigate protein and nucleic acid dynamics, protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions using NMR.